Friday, June 4, 2010

Last Saturday Run!

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?"
-Peter Maher


OMG! Last Saturday was my longest run so far... 12 miles. I was not feeling like it was going to be either a great run or a horrible one. So, before I left the house, I took 2 CLIF Bloks and said "It is going to a good run!"

I decided to do a different route. This helped me focus on my running form more so than anything else. I decided I was going to run 6 miles out and then have to run the 6 miles back. This to me seemed like the best way for me to stick to running the full 12 miles.

During my run, I continued to remined myself about my form. This is what I have been working on so much the past couple of months. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can in order to fully use my body to its capability. I continued through my run with the mindframe "chest up, breath in and out, and knees high". This helped me stay focused.

Sometimes I think it is really hard to run alone, but I also think that it is hard to run with other people unless they are at your skill level. I want to push myself as mush as I can. but I also need to make sure that I am taking care of myself.

Time for this week's runs.. tomorrow I have 8 miles to do. Next Sat. 06/12 is my First Half.. we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment