Sunday, April 25, 2010

The results are in.. and I was selected for the Full Marathon! AHHH!!!

"In running, it doesn't matter if you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say 'I have finished'. There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
-Fred Lebow


Yes.. I got in. I was selected for one of the most elite Marathons there is. THE NIKE WOMEN's MARATHON!!! Words cannot describe my excitement along with my fear of running the marathon. It is 26.2 miles in San Francisco, Ca on October 17, 2010. This will be my first (and possibly only) Marathon, it all depends on the outcome!!

With my Nike Running Plus Sportband, I am able to train for the Marathon through the internet. They have a lot of resources and training guidelines for me to get prepared. Our next run is June12th in SF as well. This will be my first half marathon that I will be running with my husband as well. We have both come so far in our journeys, it is important to do this first one together. For the Marathon though, I think it is important for me to do on my own. It will be such a personal accomplishment, that I need to do on my own.

More to come with my training plans and running playlists.

No comments:

Post a Comment