Tuesday, August 17, 2010

16 days to go before Disney Half Marathon!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
-Walt Disney
I thought it would be appropriate to include a great Walt Disney quote since my topic today is about my participation in the 5th Annual Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. The most awesome thing about this is that it is a fast, flat course... so that means I am hoping to crush my previous Half Marathon time!
The course takes you through Disneyland, California Adventure, and throughout the Downtown Anaheim, including Anaheim Stadium. Although not a major Angels Fan, I am a huge baseball fan, so this will be a fun part of the run. It also seems to be about the halfway mark for the course, which can help me with my pace and timing.
In addition to all my running, I have been focusing on strength training (mostly weight lifting and foam rollin') and x-bike classes. These are awesome and a great cardio workout! I love going to the class and pushing myself to the limit. I have used some of the same mental tactics that I use to get through each class when I am running and I feel like I can't go any further. Just Monday, I challenged myself to run at a 9:00 pace/mile for 5 miles and I was about to do it for 7.22 miles!! WHAT!? I still surprise myself each day that I run to what I can accomplish next.
About 2 weeks and counting for my next 13.1 miles. In the mean time, I will still be running longer runs throughout the week since my first FULL Marathon is coming up on October 17th in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment